Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Music, musicians

"The vibrations on the air are the breath of God speaking to man's soul. Music is the language of God. We musicians are as close to God as man can be. We hear his voice, we read his lips, we give birth to the children of God, who sing his praise. That's what musicians are."

"An artist is someone who has learnt to trust in himself!"

"Dreams can be wonderful, they can also be dangerous, sometimes all the more wonderful because of the danger"

Anna to Jesus referring to her music: "You gave me the gift, so why are you telling me not to use it? Why are you doing this to me? I didnt ask for this gift. What do you want me to do?"

Anna: "I just dont understand maestro, where does the movement end?"
Beethoven: "It doesnt end; it flows. You have to stop thinking in terms of begining and ending. This is not one of the bridges your iremen build; this is the living thing, like clouds taking shape or tides shifting"
Anna: "But musicly how does it work?"
Beethoven: "It doesnt work, it grows. You see the first movement becomes the second. As each idea dies a new one is born. You are obsessed with structure in choosing the correct form. You have to listen to the voice speaking inside of you. I didnt really hear it myself until I went deaf. Not that I want you to go deaf."
Anna: "You are telling me that I must find the silence in myself so I can hear the music?"
Beethoven: "Yes..yes..yes...silence is the key, this silence between the noise. When that silence envelops you then your soul can see."

Copying Beethoven

Ah, that is lovely.

1 comment:

Awais Aftab said...

Beethoven: "Yes..yes..yes...silence is the key, this silence between the noise. When that silence envelops you then your soul can see."

Wow... brilliant!