Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Broody hen

The date of Sendups have been displayed which means extreme studies for four months. The schedule goes as follows: wakeup, have breakfast, study, have lunch, study, go to wash room (preferably with a book), study, have some snacks, study, watch a little TV (avoidance would be better), study, internet, study and then go to sleep with a book under your head, hoping that some material would be transferred from the book to your head during the night. No hanging out, no entertainment, no fun, no nothing. (But of course I'm not going to miss the World Performing Arts Festival. I mean I wait for it the whole year!)

The books are my eggs and I'm a broody hen. I will incubate my eggs and I will leave my nest only to eat and excrete. (In the last few days the hen doesn't even leave the nest to excrete...but I'm a bit cultured actually) I will protest in defense if disturbed or removed by my younger brother. The incubation period will continue through November, December, January and hopefully till the middle of February. (The only difference between ordinary routine tests and the Prof is the short incubation period of tests which continues for a week or less). The result will be in a month more. I pray that all my eggs hatch! (They will Inshallah)

No comments: