Friday, July 31, 2009

Death

I wont say I'm not afraid of dying but the verses of Quran about going back to God really helped. It made it a little exciting. The afterworld and a positive life in this world lessens the fear of death. And now I know that ardent believers and hard practicing Muslims are not afraid of dying. They look forward to it. And Quran is so right when it asks the Jews that if you are right then you should wish to die. (62:6) Mumtaz Mufti asked his son that don't mourn when I die, rather celebrate my death, sing and dance and beat drums.

Usama Qamar's funeral was really sad today. He must have been twenty one, one year junior to us in the university. Everyone looked as if they knew him very well. No fashion, no deodorant, no spikes. Everyone felt it. Usama is great in the sense that he shook us all, stimulated us to think, gave us a lesson. On my way back I kept on thinking what if it were me. I thought about my funeral, where would they have arranged it, how many people would have come. And then I thought am I ready?

2 comments:

M. Umer Toor said...

Assalamualaekum,

That's called true contemplation of heart which sufis and theologians, or men of God, want us to do...

May Allah bless you with His barakah

Saadi said...

First of all, condolences to Usama's family and friends! May his loved ones learn to live without him!

Coming to the ideology of us being temporary creatures that have a limited time on this planet, is a different thought!

And I must admit it's something I think about on and off, randomly upon the passing events!

And good post!