Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcome spring

I had to release the anger which built up in me after hearing a professor's excruciatingly painful bakwas today. Luckily there was this classical dance performance by the students of Alhamra Arts Council at Alhamra Hall. And luckily it was the beginning of spring. The performance turned out to be good. I had some friends with me. Interestingly all the performers belonged to entirely different fields. Girls from LACAS, LGS, a veterinary doctor, a civil engineer, a guy from Sri Lanka and a traffic warden. Lol. So anyone can happen to like classical dance. The first video is sort of Kathakali, the second is a poem by Amir Khusro and the third is a Tatkar (fast foot movement). Sorry for the bad quality of the videos. It was just my cell phone. :-)







No comments: