Monday, December 22, 2008

Being in war

I don't want war, no one does. But I've frequently imagined my self in it, like in those second world war movies where I and other companions are hiding in a destructed place in some old building killing any enemy who passes by. :-D And today I heard the fighter planes flying across.

I was having lunch when I heard the first one. The sound was so clear and distinct from the regular passenger planes and those two seater training planes that fly daily above my house. Then there was another. Mom came in, contended, smiling. Before she could say anything, I asked to confirm, 'Mom those were fighter planes right?' (Just a day before she was relating the 1971 war and how there were black outs at night and how they used to hear the fighter planes.) She replied in affirmative still smiling. When I heard another, I ran out hurriedly to see it but couldn't. Later I heard on different TV channels that people went on their roofs raising slogans of Allah-o-Akbar and in favor of Pakistan Air Force. My aunt told that she was in a market when the planes passed and that all people in the shops came out on the road and started looking up at the sky. No one was afraid.

I've been seeing planes in my dreams for the past couple of days. I saw one being hit by a missile and falling, like a mile away from me. :-D Though the wars would now be very advanced, planes and missiles and all that and the actual participation of common people without training seems difficult, as was possible in older times, and I don't know how many will be left after a week or two of war this time, but God forbid if such a time comes that the government has to ask for the recruitment of common people, then we will go and fight. :-) We will fight for Pakistan.

4 comments:

M. Umer Toor said...

"I've been seeing planes in my dreams for the past couple of days."

that's amusing, can be difficult for thee to sallow...

I felt being in sargodha, my hometown, today and i didn't took notice until a boy, worried as you're came asking about this strange anomaly.

i don't know if any future full-scale war b/w Pak-Indi would be lasting for more than a few days. P would not wait long enough to see the consequences of the war, and ill be dying to press the fatal buttons... what happens next then, that's very, very unimaginable...

Abdullah Shahid said...

Lol. No sir, I'm not worried at all. No way. Believe me I'm as relaxed as a pet cat who has a very caring owner :-D I'm just sort of thrilled by the very idea. :-D

And yeah it's going to be very very 'vehshi' as Einstein said, 'I don't know about the third world war but the fourth world war will be fought with bricks and stones.'

And the consequences are not unimaginable. Just pray that some people are left to see the consequences. :-D

Abdullah Shahid said...

That's why I think that there will be no war. India is not stupid enough to let whole of the subcontinent get wiped out. They are just pressurizing us and testing our reflexes. That's all.

M. Umer Toor said...

hahaha... Very well.