Saturday, November 1, 2008

The protest bears fruit

The Chief Minister 'succumbed' to our demands of increasing the salaries of House Officers and Medical Officers today.

Young Doctor's Association started these demands first by holding press conferences then by holding demonstrations in front of Assembly Hall and then by boycotting the hospital. As the usual method of getting one's demands accepted here they finally decided to block the Mall Road.

I feel so happy to be a part of that Mall Road blocking. I had to attend the ward so couldn't go in time with the rest of the crowd. I joined them later by walking from University through Mall Road to the Assembly Hall. Sharjeel, Tamoor, Salman and Noman were going back till then. I was expecting a lot more people than I saw. More than half of them were from FJ and Ganga Ram Hospital as I saw them turn back when the protest was over. They were all sitting there in the Chowk, holding banners, raising slogans and posing in front of the media. I was expecting someone to extend a microphone in front of me too but the media was more inclined towards the ladies. :-D

It was my first official protest :-)

1 comment:

Awais Aftab said...

Finally, some good news!! :D